Peter Rabbit 2019 UK 50p Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
- A perfect gift for fans of Peter Rabbit and the work of Beatrix Potter
- Finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard
- The only opportunity to own this coin – you won’t find it in your change
- Comes in fold-out packaging featuring original Beatrix Potter illustrations
- The reverse design, carefully engraved by Emma Noble from an original Beatrix Potter illustration, features an instantly recognisable depiction of Peter Rabbit
- An exciting addition to a Beatrix Potter collection or any coin collection
Inspired by the British countryside, Beatrix Potter wrote 23 little tales of adventure. Each of these tales featured different characters who were based upon animals of the countryside, with one of these animals a particular favourite of the tales – Peter Rabbit.
Adored by generations of readers, Peter Rabbit has led us on escapades from when we were young readers to reading to our children. An instantly recognisable character of fiction, he is undoubtedly the most famous and well-known of Potter’s characters.
The Royal Mint first started celebrating the life and work of Beatrix Potter in 2016, in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of her birth, and it is no surprise that Peter Rabbit is one of the most popular characters in the collection. Since then we have released a new Peter Rabbit coin every year and 2019 is no exception. Royal Mint coin designer Emma Noble has carefully engraved each detail and the 2019 design depicts Peter Rabbit in his trademark jacket.